Creature Comforts Brewing Co.
- 271 W Hancock Ave.|
- Athens GA 30601
- (706) 410-1043
- Region: Downtown
Named one of the Best New Breweries in the U.S.!
Two UGA Alumni returned to Athens and renovated the former Snow Tire building in downtown Athens into Athens' latest craft brewery. Tours and tastings are offered:
TUESDAY - FRIDAY: 5 - 8 p.m.
SATURDAY: 1 - 4 p.m.
Creature Comforts Brewing Co. is a go-to destination for everyone visiting Athens who enjoys a nice cold beer. The brewery will produce about 4,000 barrels to start, which will be available on draft at local bars and restaurants.
Initial brews included:
- Athena, a Berliner Weisse (gently tart, refreshing wheat beer)
- Reclaimed Rye, with a lightly toasted French oak for a citrus/honey sweetness
- Tropicalia, an IPA with tropical fruit, mango, and hops
- Bebo, a pilsner with a bit of a twist
Creature Comforts' “Locally Grown Series” features local Athens-area products in the beers. DaySpring is a Grisette (similar to a saison) that was brewed with local wheat from DaySpring Farm. Curious #6 is a sour beer with peaches from Pearson Farm. We have a Biere de Garde (strong pale stored in barrels) fermented with honey from Haunted Hill/Booger Hill. Creature Comforts even has a beer that is aging in a barrel with almost 300 lbs. of local blueberries from Rhonda’s Blueberries in Oglethorpe County.
Creature Comforts is very passionate about sourcing local products when possible. We are so fortunate to be surrounded by such beautiful farms and ingredients!
Follow them on social media to stay up to date on all things Creature Comforts. Continue to #CraveCuriosity and drink @Creaturebeer!
UPDATE, July 2015:
On Wednesday, July 1, 2015, SB63 (aka the “Beer Jobs Bill”) went into effect across the state of Georgia. This means that Creature Comforts is now selling their tours. Tours will still include glassware (optional), but now they are offering tours that include up to 36 oz. of tastings onsite and up to 72 oz. of souvenir beer to go. They will be making their Curious Tuesday beers in larger quantities to accommodate crowler fills and they have some brewery only beers in the works among a few other special bottle releases coming up.
IN THE NEWS:
- "Best New Breweries in the U.S." -- The Daily Meal, via Fox News, Jan. 13, 2015
- Creature Comforts won the Bronze Medal in the American Style Brett Beer category at the 2014 Great American Beer Festival in Denver, for its Curiosity No. 2.
- "Georgia beers that could get you to rethink beer," AJC.com, Dec. 5, 2014
- April 26, 2014: Creature Comforts opens to the public during Athens Twilight weekend!
- March 24, 2014: FIRST BATCH!
Read about it at OnlineAthens.com
- Private/Group Dining:
- Handicap Accessible: