1. Original Tribute to the Blues Brothers
The Classic Center Theatre presents the legendary Original Tribute to the Blues Brothers! Jake and Elwood Blues will be accompanied by the sassy Bluettes to perform all of your favorite songs including, "Everybody," "Shake Ya Tail Feather," "Sweet Home Chicago," "Think," "Respect," "Gimme Some Loving," along with so many more. So don the sunglasses, dig out your best pork pie hat, and buff up those dancing shows for a night of the best music, moves, and comedy! The show will be Friday, February 10, at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are on sale now, and prices range from $9-$65.
2. Athens Kids Expo
Athens Kids Expo is a fundraising event benefiting the Wee Read Program of United Way of Northeast Georgia. This event is perfect for a family-fun day! Your children will be beyond excited when they hear what this event has to offer. The Athens Kids Expo will feature fabulous entertainment, face painting, bounce houses, balloon artists, a petting zoo, and more! There will be products and services for the entire family including educational products, toys and hobbies, health care services and products, cosmetics, jewelry, apparel, music and entertainment, arts and crafts, safety products and services, schools and daycare services, summer camps, and much more. Whew! This exciting event will be taking place Saturday, February 11, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. So bring out the entire family and enjoy a fun-filled day!
3.UGA Women's Softball Red & Black Showcase
The University of Georgia's Softball Team will open its 2012 season by hosting the Fifth-Annual Red & Black Showcase this weekend at Jack Turner Stadium! The first game will be against Army on Friday, February 10, at 7:00 p.m. You can enjoy additional games throughout the weekend as well vs. Utah State, St. John's, Campbell, and North Carolina State. So come out and support Georgia Softball for another exciting season!
Additional Events taking place in Athens,GA:
- Bring the family out to the "Owl Prowl" Friday, February 10 from 6:30-8:00 a.m., for an evening hike. You will search for the owl that inhabit the woods of Athens, GA, while learning about these fascinating feathered nocturnal animals. This event will take place at the Sandy Creek Nature Center.
- Grains of Sand will be performing at The Melting Point Friday, February 10, at 8:00 p.m. This band's desire is to keep the great music of the 60's and 70's around for everyone to enjoy-the young and old! Tickets are $10 in advance and will be $12 the day of the show. You can also reserve seating on the mezzanine level on a first-come first-serve basis. There will be tables of two available for $30 and tables of four available for $60. Come out and enjoy a night of fun, great music, and dancing!
- Let the King romance you on Saturday, February 11, at 7:00 p.m. Buffalo's Southwest Cafe in Athens, GA, will be featuring the Elvis-Burning Love Valentine's Show. Enjoy a romantic evening with delicious food from their full menu.
- The Senior Adults Sweetheart Prom will be Sunday, February 12, at 4:00 p.m. This romantic event will be held at Lay Park. Come and enjoy an evening of dancing, listening to soft music, socializing and light refreshments.This is guaranteed to be a good time!
These were just a few of the many exciting events happening in Athens,GA. Hopefully you've read something that will be of interest to you! Be sure to check out our Visit Athens, GA calendar for a full list of even more events and activities!
To stay in the know about what's coming up in Athens, join our mailing list!
What are you looking forward to doing this weekend in Athens,GA?