- One person's trash is another person's treasure at Northeast Georgia's largest thrift sale Bargainza! Head to Old Farmers Hardware on Lexington Road to shop from an eclectic mix of merchandise including furniture, lawn and garden equipment, children's toys and clothing. This sale is a major fundraiser for the Junior League of Athens, and a percentage of the proceeds will benefit P.A.L.S. (Friday - Saturday event.)
- The UGA Observatory will be open for public viewing this Friday for 60 to 90 minutes. If the night is clear, those attending will look through the telescope at the stars. If cloudy, there will be a brief talk on astronomy that is of current interest. Everyone is welcome!
- The 40 Watt Club presents Athens' first ever Athens Music Collective (AMC) Showcase Concert. All proceeds from the night's ticket sales will benefit GoARTS!, a local organization that brings opportunities to under-served children in the Athens area. During the show, Classic City Promotions draw a winner of the R.E.M. autographed guitar, live on stage. Show starts at 9 p.m.
- Save the Ta Ta's! This year's BreastFest event at the Terrapin Beer Company will feature live music by some of Athens' finest musicians, food, beer tasting, brewery tours and a silent auction - fun for the whole family! All proceeds from BreastFest will benefit the St. Mary's Women's Diagnostic Center to support local women and families affected by breast cancer. Tickets are $20.00 in advance/$25.00 at the door. Children are free!!!
- The UGA Performing Arts Center is proud to present I Musici de Montreal, a Canadian chamber ensemble that has performed in many of the world's greatest halls under the dynamic direction of Yuli Turovsky. Their vast repertoire extends from the Baroque to the contemporary and their many recordings have garnered numerous awards. Show starts at 8 p.m.
- Grab the family and head over to the Lamar Dodd School of Art to learn about animals in art at Family Day: Spring Festival. Look at images of works from the museum's collection and then create your own real or imaginary animal to take home. The event will feature live animals including an owl, a snake, frogs and turtles, courtesy of Memorial Park's Bear Hollow. Snacks will be provided.
Sunday, March 21:
- Dancing with the Athens Stars returns this Sunday to the Classic Center! The event puts a spotlight on some of the Classic City's better-known faces and names, pairing them with an instructor and setting them loose on the Classic Center's stage to show off their moves. Routines will be representative of various dance syles such as ballroom, salsa and hip hop. All proceeds benefit Project Safe. Tickets are only $15!