5 Things to Do in Athens This Valentine's Day
Looking for things to do this Valentine's? Make Athens your Valentine's getaway this February and let your creative side flourish! How about making a grand romantic gesture with a reservation at a bed and breakfast, dinner and a show, or an evening under the stars? Athens, Georgia, has plenty of wonderful experiences for couples, Galentines, and anyone looking for a Georgia getaway this February.
1. Romantic Bed & Breakfast Valentine's Getaway
Pack your weekender bag for a cozy two-night romantic stay at ATH | BnB the Rushmore or Colonels Bed and Breakfast. ATH | BnB is nestled in the heart of Athens, in Five Points, and it's perfectly located so that you can walk for a lovely dinner out, a cup of sipping chocolate at Condor Chocolates or a massage at Advanced Massage Therapies.
The Colonels Bed & Breakfast has a Romance Package that includes Champagne or Belgian beer, fresh flowers, and snacks in a romantic setting by candlelight offered weekends in February. The enchanting atmosphere of this charming, Southern B&B will add a new layer of romance to your weekend.
More Hotel Offers
2. Nothing says romance like music
Athens is known for its live music scene, so we think music should be a part of any visit. As always, there are lots of performances to choose from, so take your pick from our live music calendar! Here are just a few options for Valentine's weekend:
- The Georgia Theatre is featuring Rumors: A Fleetwood Mac Tribute on February 10. More dates include Underground Springhouse on February 14 and STRFKR on February 15. Lily Rose follows on the 16th.
- What could be better for Galentine's than to dance the night away at the Taylor Swift Dance Party on February18?!!
- The twice Grammy-nominated Imani Winds wind quintet comes to the UGA Performing Arts Center on Valentine's Day, February 14. For its UGA Presents debut, the ensemble’s program “Black and Brown” features pieces by musicians of color, from Cuban jazz master Paquito D’Rivera to young Indian-American composer Reena Esmail.
Finish up your weekend in Athens with a live music brunch at Akademia Brewing Co. or Jazz Sunday at Creature Comforts from 3 - 5 PM.
3. A Meal to Remember
Some of Athens' most creative geniuses are found in our acclaimed restaurants. During the pandemic, Athens restaurants have found plenty of ways to provide good food, good drink, and good times. And for Valentine's Day, Athens restaurants are bringing out all the stops to ensure the night will be a special one.
Here are just a few Athens restaurants with special Valentine's menus and offers:
- George's Lowcountry Table will have a special menu, so if you're in the mood for delicious crab cakes or tender filet mignon, head to their website to book a reservation!
- If you and your date want to avoid the busy restaurants, treat yourself to a high-end Valentine's Champagne Tasting at Tapped Athens. They will walk you through a bubbly tasting of five special sparklers accompanied by hors d'oeuvres for that savory match.
More Valentine's Restaurant Special Offers
4. Pick up a Sweet Treat
Athens foodies will tell you that the Classic City is just bursting with sweetness, if you know where to look! Head to Condor Chocolates in Five Points or Condor Chocolates Downtown Cafe for a truffle, sipping chocolate, or another delicious chocolatey treat for you and your babe. Or surprise your Valentine with an Alumni Cookie Dough Valentine's box for $18 or an edible cookie dough mason jar for $14!
5. Ice Skating at the Foundry Pavilion
Looking for a more active evening? Consider venturing over to 440 Foundry Pavilion at The Classic Center for ice skating with your sweetheart or kids. Due to popular demand, the ice skating season has been extended through the end of February! Grab a seal or each other's hand so you don't fall. This sounds like the perfect excuse to get close as you glide across the ice. Make your reservation online!
We hope we've inspired you with these things to do for Valentine's Day in Athens! Looking for more Valentine's and romantic things to do in Athens? Check out our Athens Romance Itinerary!