1. If you're looking for a wonderful evening of great music, Broadway-style numbers, and fun for the entire family, Athens has two exciting shows that you and your family are sure to love! Beginning this weekend, the historic Morton Theatre will play host to the Chirstmas late-night delivery adventure Overnight Chirstmas
. This exciting musical journey illustrates holiday traditions all over the world as an overnight delivery man finds the true meaning of Chirstmas. Broadway lovers can also revisit the classic rock opera by Andrew Lloyd Weber and Time Rice at Town and Gown's performance of Jesus Christ Superstar
3. Trappeze Pub will be rolling out some of the most incredible stouts in the world for its Third Annual Stout Festival
! The venue's taps will be transformed into a celebration of dark and delicious ales that make winter such a special time of the year. They will also have special cask tappings as well as many favorite large bottle stouts poured by the glass each night. Mark you calendars and plan on joining in on the winter fun as Trappeze Pub raises a pint to these delicious giants!
And, of course, that's not all the holiday fun going on around the Classic City! Check out these events for more holiday fun:
- Hodgson School of Music Holiday Concert: The UGA Hodgson School of Music will present its annual Holiday Concert in Hodgson Concert Hall of the Performing Arts Center on December 1 - 2 at 8 p.m. Come experience these talented students perform the sounds of the season!
- Milk and Cookies for Santa Workshop: Create a colorful cup and dish for Santa's late night snack out of clay! The workshop will be held at Good Dirt this Sunday from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Photos with Santa for Pets : Pet Supplies Plus is offering your pet the opportunity to visit Santa! Bring your pets to the store from 12 - 6 p.m. to tell Santa what they want for Christmas and take home a festive photo of your adorable pet.
With so many festive events to choose from, this weekend is sure to be full of holiday cheer! What are you up to around Athens this weekend?