Looking for an offbeat, yet cultured way to spend Valentine's Day in Georgia? Look no further than Athens, where there is an incredible selection of dining adventures, live music serenades, and even a walk under the moon and stars. You'll be a hero with any of these special Valentine's events, but be sure to grab your spot now, as space is limited and will go fast.
For a complete romantic weekend experience this Valentine's Day, choose an overnight package. Athens offers everything from Antebellum splendour to eco-chic.
- The Colonels Bed and Breakfast has a two-night romance package that includes champagne or Belgian beer, fresh flowers, and snacks in a lovely setting by candlelight. Start your morning with a "Tête à Tête Breakfast" with The Colonel's finest Wedgwood china, Bohemian crystal and French chateau silverware.
- Hotel Indigo Athens presents a Terrapin Valentine's Beer Dinner, catered by Heirloom Cafe and featuring favorite selections from Athens' own Terrapin Brewing Co. In addition, you can ask for a package deal which includes a one night stay at Hotel Indigo-Athens. There is limited seating available and you don't want to miss out so contact the Hotel Indigo-Athens events office today to hear more about the event and book your spot! 706-286-1700 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foundry Park Inn & Spa is bringing back jazz legend Francine Reed for what has become a Valentine's tradition in Athens. All-inclusive packages include a gourmet four-course dinner, entertainment, and deluxe accommodations.
For more information on these Valentine's packages and to make your reservations, visit our Special Offers page.
- Country music fans couldn't ask for anything more on Valentine's Day that a special solo acoustic concert from Travis Tritt, playing at The Classic Center on February 14. Grab your tickets today, and don't forget your dinner reservation at one of Athens' amazing downtown restaurants, such as Porterhouse Grill, East West Bistro, or DePalma's, just steps from The Classic Center Theatre.
- Foodie couples will relish the chance to embark on a Valentine's-themed dining adventure with Athens Food Tours, which is offering two specially-themed tours for Valentine's weekend. Friday's theme is "Savory and Sweet," and Saturday's tour features "Sweets and Drinks." Advance reservations are necessary and space is limited, so you'll want to act quickly!
- The National restaurant has created a special "Be Mine" four-course prix fixe menu in honor of Valentine's Day. Chef Peter Dale is bringing out all the stops. Pair this one with a movie at Cine and you'll be all set for the evening!
- Valentine's is a great time to head to the Supper Club from home.made from scratch. This exclusive dining experience begins with family-style hors d'oeuvres served on lazy susans followed by a plated, coursed meal of Mimi's inventive takes on the season's best. Although Supper Club is BYOB, suggested wine pairings are skillfully chosen by Christopher Becerra (all wines are available locally at 5pts Bottle Shop.)
- For all those who find their deepest connections in nature, check out the Valentine's Day editon of the Full Moon Hike, at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia. You'll see the garden alive at night and learn more about the moon & stars. Now, isn't that romantic?
We hope we've whet your appetite for Valentine's romance and that you've now got a plan for spending the weekend in Athens, Georgia. Keep up with new events and happenings as they are added to our Athens Events Calendar, and we'll also be featuring Valentine's ideas on Facebook and Twitter.