Butcher & Vine
- 1653 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30606
- (706) 850-7767
Butcher & Vine was founded in neighboring Watkinsville 2019 by Andrew Wallace and Justin and Jennifer Barnette. The Athens restaurant, with expanded dinner menu and service, opened in early 2021.
You'll find high-quality meats, cheese, charcuterie, wine and local goods for both eat-in and take-home experiences. Custom butcher cuts available until 5 p.m.
Chef Kory DePaola is the chef and culinary director. Kory was just 20 when he landed his first executive chef position at Watkinsville's Chops & Hops, and then worked under the guidance of Chef Hugh Acheson at Empire State South, where he became executive chef in 2019. Kory gained extensive knowledge under Hugh's leadership during their years together, and began to feel the call to expand his horizons and develop his own menu. That's when he learned former colleague Andrew Wallace was opening a second location of Butcher & Vine ... and the timing could not have been more perfect!
Butcher and Vine is also available for special events and catered gatherings, including on Sundays and Mondays.
Just about since day one, Butcher & Vine has specialized in creating custom grazing tables for catered events!
For outside catering, in addition to grazing tables, they can do custom boards, a selection of small bites, and catered luncheons for area businesses, organizations and pretty much any lunchtime event you'd like.
For parties of 25 or more, three days' notice is needed for ordering requests:
- Boxed lunches ($10 per person): choose from chicken salad sandwiches + chips or salad; roast beef sandwiches + chips or salad; or the wild rice grain bowl
- Luncheon Charcuterie ($15 per person): an assortment of three meats, three artisan cheeses and five seasonal accompaniments, served with Independent Baking Co. baguette slices and crackers
- Snack Trio ($15 per person): smoked salmon tartine with crème fraiche, dill and pickled onion on country sourdough; pimento cheese with bacon jam and crackers; and pork rillettes with burnt honey and Independent Baking Co. baguette
In addition to outside catering, both locations offer in-house private and semi-private event reservations.
The full restaurant can be reserved, or the Tasting Room can be reserved for a smaller group that would like a private dining experience. Private events, weddings and large parties also have the ability to work with the onsite graphic designer for customized menus, programs and more.
Email ButcherAndVine@gmail.com to speak with Jen, the owner and catering manager, and let the party begin!
Additional Property Information
Credit Cards Accepted:
- American Express
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Full Bar:
- Handicap Accessible: