- 1072 Baxter Street, Athens, GA 30606
- (706) 206-9216
home.made’s menu gives a nod to owner/chef Mimi Maumus’s New Orleans roots and is one of Athens' best weekday lunches, available as to-go and delivery only (not dine-in.) You'll find seasonal sandwiches, salads and sides, alongside the signature snacks diners have come to know and love. Vegan and vegetarian options are available.
home.made is also available for catering, and the dining room is available for private events.
HOURS: 11 AM - 2 PM, Monday - Friday.
IN THE NEWS:
- "100 Plates Locals Love," 2019 ExploreGeorgia.org, Swanee Bites,
- "100 Plates Locals Love," ExploreGeorgia.org, Mayberry Sandwich, New Orleans Hot Chicken (with Beignets)
- James Beard award-winning writer and southern food expert John Edge includes home.made's Pork Shoulder with Pickled Magnolia Leaves and Barbecue-Baked Peanuts among memorable dishes, saying that Mimi is an "innovative thinker and chef grounded in the place she loves." (The Local Palate, September 2017).
- Green Tomato Crisp with grits ice cream, highlighted by Andy Staples at SportsIllustrated.com
"The green tomato feels like a baked apple, but it’s much more tart. Then comes the ice cream, which is sweet but not overpowering. Then comes the caramel and streusel. These provide the sugary muscle—almost like the dessert for your dessert. The journey from tart to sweet and everywhere in between in each bite makes it the most intriguing thing on the menu."
About home.made from scratch:
home.made from scratch started as a side project for Mimi Maumus while she was employed as executive sous chef for Hugh Acheson’s renowned Five & Ten restaurant. A true story of hard work and perseverance, home.made has grown into the little business that did. Accolades include “Best Food” at Taste of Athens (beating out competitors including Five & Ten, The National, Branded Butcher, and Farm 255), and “Favorite Caterer” from Flagpole Magazine’s reader’s poll. Maumus’ creative spin on southern classics include her pickled deviled eggs, swanee bites, (cheese straws sandwiched with pimento cheese, rolled in toasted GA pecans), cornbread polenta and pepper jelly candied pecans.
In summer 2023, Mimi decided to go back to her roots, catering and to-go lunches. While Athens will miss home.made as a dinner & drinks hot spot, diners can still savor home.made's food for lunch, catering, and private events.