- 293 Hoyt St.|
- Athens GA 30601
- | Fax: 706.613.3833
- Region: Downtown
The Ware-Lyndon House, 1856, became Athens' first city recreation center and has been completely restored as both a house museum and the centerpiece of the Lyndon House Arts Center complex. The Late Greek Revival home with Italinate influence is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The interior has been restored and arranged with decorative art and furnishings of the period. The historic display room features artifacts related to the historic house and to the history of Athens. A 20-minute audio tour with earphones and CD player is available for visitors. An activity book is available for young visitors.
Digital records of items in the Ware-Lyndon House are available in a fully searchable database.
Or, tour ALL four of Athens' house museums with one combination ticket!
- noon - 9 p.m. Tues. and Thur.
- 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Wed., Fri., and Sat.
- Closed Sun. and Mon.
- Description The downtown contemporary community gallery is highlighted by an impressive Grand Stairway leading from the Lower Atrium Gallery to a second floor wrap-around balcony. Diffused natural light flows from a full length skylight. A large picture window overlooks the Arts Center rolling lawn and the Northeast Georgia mountains.
- Floorplan File Floorplan File
- Largest Room
- Large floor Plan PDF Large floor Plan PDF