As excitement for the 19th annual AthFest Music and Arts Festival mounts, AthFest Educates, the organization behind the three day long celebration of Athens' music and art scene, released the full line-up for the free outdoor stages.
- The outdoor line-up includes Friday, June 26th on the main stage at 5:00 pm Wrenn, 6:30 Sam Burchfield, 7:45 New Madrid, and 9:00 The Whigs.
- On the Hull Street Stage at 6:00pm is Purses, 7:15 Tedo Stone, and 8:30 Blue Blood.
- Saturday June 27th kicking off the day on the main stage at 12:00 pm is AthFest Educates presents: Drift, 1:00 Walden, 2:15 Athens Band, 3:30 Emily Hearn, 4:45 Sol Driven Train, 6:00 Stokeswood, 7:45 Kuroma, and 9:00 of Montreal.
- Over on the Hull Street stage at 12:30pm will be Check the Signs, 1:45 The Flamethrowers Surf Band, 3:00 Big C & The Velvet Delta, 4:15 Halem Albright Band, 5:30 Sumilan, 7:00 Blacknerd Ninja, and at 8:25 T. Hardy Morris & The Hardknocks.
- Sunday June 28th, the main stage will start at 12:30pm with Ruby Love Jr., 1:45 The Hobohemians, 3:15 John King, 4:30 Ruby Velle and The Soulphonics, 5:45 We Love Tractor, and at 7:00 The Baseball Project.
- On the Hull Street stage at 1:15 is Ken Will Morton, 2:45 Houston in the Blind, 4:00 Lona, 5:15 Partial Cinema, and at 6:30 will be Honeychild.
- Friday night will also include the first ever "Up Next Showcase," with performances by and for young adults, which will be on the KidsFest stage and will feature Blue Box at 6:00, Absent Mind 6:50, Benjamin Simpson 7:40, Feedback 8:30 and DJ Nowa at 9:00.
Troy Aubrey, Music Booking Chair for AthFest said, "We've all worked hard to curate a well-rounded sampling of acts from our ever-shifting music scene here in Athens, including everything from acts that will feature legendary Athens musicians to some of Athens' best new artists. Whether you are into Indie rock, Americana, soul, jambands, classic alternative Athens bands, neo-folk, country, hip-hop, or many other genres of music, we've definitely got something for everybody this year! I personally can't wait to see all of these great bands perform in June and to witness Athens as we continue our town's growth locally, regionally and nationally as a respected leader in music, arts and fun!"
AthFest Music and Arts Festival is a fundraiser for AthFest Educates, a non-profit which seeks to advance high-quality music and arts education for local youth and the Athens community through direct support of school and community-based programs and events, including the annual AthFest Music and Arts Festival, which will take place June 26th 6o the 28th in downtown Athens.