Athens CVB Jobs and Internships
Current jobs available at the Athens Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB):
- Part Time Receptionist
- PR-Communications Intern
- Sports Marketing Intern
Receptionist- Part Time
The CVB Receptionist performs receptionist duties for the CVB staff, to include, but not limited to responding to inquiries/requests for information, whether in-person or by phone/e-mail, including fulfillment. When necessary, take messages for staff. In addition, the receptionist will assist in performing secretarial duties as specified below. This position reports directly to the Executive Assistant.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Under the guidance of the Executive Assistant:
1. Answers all incoming phone calls.
2. Ensures that all inquiries (walk-in, telephone, email) receive prompt and courteous responses.
3. Brochure area maintenance (back-up to information coordinator)
4. Assist Executive Assistant
- Report generation
- Accounts payable
- Director’s calendar maintenance
- Director’s correspondences
- Travel arrangements
- Meeting notifications
- Meeting preparation
- Office supplies, orders and maintains
- Fiscal record maintenance
5. CRM Entries
6. Validate Parking Tickets
7. Route incoming mail to appropriate staff
8. Assist CVB staff with administrative duties when needed/when possible
9. Maintains volunteer waivers
10. Assist with special projects as needed
Hours: 10-12 Hours/week.
One-Two Positions filled each semester
- contributing to the VisitAthensGA.com blog,
- drafting press releases to promote Athens as a travel destination,
- making pitches to targeted media,
- maintaining content on travel websites,
- social media,
- email marketing,
- assisting with media requests and press visits, and
- other promotional and marketing activities.
All majors considered, Sophomore-Senior year.
Detail-oriented, professionalism, and reliability a must. Exceptional writing skills. Particular interest in social media; New Media certificate program a plus.
How to Apply: Send Cover Letter and Résumé to:
Hannah Smith, Director of Marketing and Communications
No phone calls, please.
Open until filled. Apply 2-3 months prior to start of the semester. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Sports Marketing Intern
Job Description: The Athens CVB Sports Marketing intern will assist in new initiatives to promote Athens as a destination for amateur sporting events. Under the direction of the CVB Sports Sales Manager, the intern will compile a database of sports venues within Athens-Clarke County and gather specifications on facilities and amenities provided at each venue. The database will provide content for the Sports section of the VisitAthensGA.com website and be used for sales and marketing activities. Additional responsibilities will include assisting the Sports Sales Manager with prospecting for new sports business and working on the development of a new Sports Council.
Qualifications: Detail-oriented, professionalism, and reliability a must. Comfortable with technology. Able to work independently.
Send a resume and cover letter of interest to:
Athens CVB Sports Sales Manager
No phone calls, please.
Apply as early as possible, 2-3 months prior to start of semester.