Athens CVB Jobs and Internships
Current jobs available at the Athens Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB):
- Part-Time Receptionist
- PR-Communications Intern
The CVB Receptionist greets guests with a warm, sincere welcome and responds to inquiries/requests for information, whether in-person or by phone/e-mail. When necessary, take messages for staff. In addition, the receptionist will assist in performing secretarial duties as specified below. This position reports directly to the Executive Assistant.
Schedule: 10-15 hours per week, 2:30 - 5:00 p.m., M-F
- Answers all incoming phone calls.
- Ensures that all inquiries (walk-in, telephone, email) receive prompt and courteous responses.
- Brochure area maintenance (back-up to information coordinator)
- Assist Executive Assistant
- Report generation
- Accounts payable
- Director’s calendar maintenance
- Director’s correspondences
- Travel arrangements
- Meeting notifications
- Meeting preparation
- Office supplies, orders and maintains
- Fiscal record maintenance
- Customer-service oriented, welcoming and friendly demeanor within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and organizational skills. Extremely detail-oriented.
- Good with numbers.
- Excellent computer skills, including being proficient with MS Office and database management.
- Knowledge of Athens as a visitor destination.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds to assist visitors with brochure requests.
Send Cover Letter and Résumé to:
Venessa Banks, Executive Assistant
No phone calls, please.
Hours: 10-12 Hours/week.
One-Two Positions filled each semester
- contributing to the VisitAthensGA.com blog,
- drafting press releases to promote Athens as a travel destination,
- making pitches to targeted media,
- maintaining content on travel websites,
- social media,
- email marketing,
- assisting with media requests and press visits, and
- other promotional and marketing activities.
All majors considered, Sophomore-Senior year.
Detail-oriented, professionalism, and reliability a must. Exceptional writing skills. Particular interest in social media; New Media certificate program a plus.
How to Apply: Send Cover Letter and Résumé to:
Hannah Smith, Director of Marketing and Communications
hsmith (at) VisitAthensGA.com
No phone calls, please.
Open until filled. Apply 2-3 months prior to start of the semester. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.