Tours and Itineraries:
See Athens YOUR way
- City Guide to Athens, by Amy Lynne Hayes in Creatrice Mondial
- "Athens in 72 Hours," by Athens Food Tours owner Mary Charles Jordan, published inSouthern Distinction, August 2011
- NEW: Follow the recommendations of Creative Loafing
- Reserve a Guided tour of Historic Athens
- Download a Self-Guided tour brochure
- Purchase a self-guided audio tour CD of Athens at the Athens Welcome Center
- Download the Welcome Center's audio tour mp3 tracks to your Ipod or a CD
- Take a free tour of the University of Georgia Campus
- Follow the recommendations of The New York Times
- A Bands and Brews itinerary
- A Walking Tour of Athens Music History
More Itinerary Ideas and Stuff to Do:
Carmen Mirandawg's Moonlight Music Walk
Unleash your creative spirit and take an afternoon walk through Athens' charming downtown district guarded by artistic Bulldawg sculptures. Then, sit and chow down in style at one of Athens' restaurants, known for their independent and creative spirit. Or, do dinner and drinks at an early show at Farm 255 or The Melting Point. Bark long after dark with late night music at the world-famous 40-Watt Club or the Georgia Theatre. Find out firsthand why Rolling Stone Magazine named Athens the #1 College Music Town in America!
Vincent Van Go Dawg's Morning Downtown Stroll
Roll over, get out of bed and head to Jittery Joe's or Big City Bread for coffee and a bountiful breakfast. Take a morning walking tour of downtown Athens' eclectic art galleries and shops. Stop for lunch treats at Weaver D's or Sunday brunch at the Last Resort Grill. Get souvenirs at one of downtown's hip shops.
Dawgwood's Antebellum Afternoon Drive
Absorb a little southern culture on a daily heritage driving tour and four historic house museums. Or, set your own pace with a scenic self-guided audio tour. Our territory is marked with 15 neighborhoods listed on the historic National Register. Stop and smell the roses at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia.
Downtown Dawg's Anytime Amazing Attractions!
- Plant your feet on the grounds of America's first garden club!
- Don't miss a shot at seeing the world's only Double Barreled cannon!
- Don't leave without looking at The Tree That Owns Itself!
- Hunker down with 36 quirky bulldawg statues!
- Learn new tricks at UGA, the nation's first state chartered university!
Mar 26 - Mar 26, 2017
A wonderful Spring concert featuring Jim McKillip, soloist . All concerts are held in the Classic Center.…
Apr 1 - Apr 1, 2017
The Easter Bunny is hopping his way to The Classic Center! Join The Classic Center for Bunny Brunch on…
Apr 6 - Apr 8, 2017
The dancers of UGA's Department of Dance will perform their Spring Concert. An excellent chance to see young…
Apr 7 - Apr 7, 2017
eTown, the popular radio variety show broadcast weekly across the country and worldwide, travels to Athens,…