Tours and Itineraries:
See Athens YOUR way
- City Guide to Athens, by Amy Lynne Hayes in Creatrice Mondial
- "Athens in 72 Hours," by Athens Food Tours owner Mary Charles Jordan, published inSouthern Distinction, August 2011
- Reserve a Guided tour of Historic Athens
- Download a Self-Guided tour brochure
- Take a free tour of the University of Georgia Campus
- Follow the recommendations of The New York Times
- A Bands and Brews itinerary
- A Walking Tour of Athens Music History
More Itinerary Ideas and Stuff to Do:
Carmen Mirandawg's Moonlight Music Walk
Unleash your creative spirit and take an afternoon walk through Athens' charming downtown district guarded by artistic Bulldawg sculptures. Then, sit and chow down in style at one of Athens' restaurants, known for their independent and creative spirit. Or, do dinner and drinks at an early show at The Foundry. Bark long after dark with late night music at the world-famous 40-Watt Club or the Georgia Theatre. Find out firsthand why Rolling Stone Magazine named Athens the #1 College Music Town in America!
Vincent Van Go Dawg's Morning Downtown Stroll
Roll over, get out of bed and head to Jittery Joe's or Big City Bread for coffee and a bountiful breakfast. Take a morning walking tour of downtown Athens' eclectic art galleries and shops. Stop for lunch treats at Weaver D's or Sunday brunch at the Last Resort Grill. Get souvenirs at one of downtown's hip shops.
Dawgwood's Antebellum Afternoon Drive
Absorb a little southern culture on a daily heritage driving tour and four historic house museums. Or, set your own pace with a scenic self-guided audio tour. Our territory is marked with 15 neighborhoods listed on the historic National Register. Stop and smell the roses at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia.
Downtown Dawg's Anytime Amazing Attractions!
- Plant your feet on the grounds of America's first garden club!
- Don't miss a shot at seeing the world's only Double Barreled cannon!
- Don't leave without looking at The Tree That Owns Itself!
- Hunker down with 36 quirky bulldawg statues!
- Learn new tricks at UGA, the nation's first state chartered university!
Apr 27, 2018
On Friday, April 27 and Saturday, April 28 the Symphony will host its annual Pops Concert and picnic in the…
Apr 27, 2018
38 Years of Road Rash Saturday, April 28, 2018 The main event of the Athens Orthopedic Clinic Twilight…
May 5, 2018
The Human Rights Festival is a two-day event dedicated to promoting free speech and confronting issues that…
May 13, 2018
Join the Athens Flute Choir for a program featuring familiar works that will conjure colorful images every…