Craft Breweries in Athens
We can’t begin to tell you how excited we are about the growing Athens craft beer scene! Head to Athens GA and learn how award-winning brews are crafted at one of Athens’ local breweries. You’ll soon discover that each Athens brewery has its own style, in both setting and beer. What you’ll find at all of them: a comfortable, approachable brewery with folks who are passionate about beer. Ask them any and all questions- they’d love to tell you more! As with most spots in Athens, odds are you’ll find live music along with great beer.
Athens GA's Craft Beer Scene
See Athens Brewery Listings Here
- Terrapin Beer Company first burst onto the scene in 2002 when their Rye Pale Ale won a Gold Medal at the American Beer Festival in Denver. Brian “Spike” Buckowski and John Cochran’s dream to open their own brewery came true in 2008, ushering in a whole new era for Athens beer lovers. Stop by for a tour, beer tastings, and live music. Sample the original Pale Ale or check out their amazing seasonal brews and Side Project specials. Pumpkinfest or Moo-Hoo Chocolate Stout, Anyone?
- Creature Comforts Brewing Company joined the Athens brewing community in spring 2014, right here in Downtown Athens in an expertly-renovated tire plant. Creature Comforts offers a range of styles, including IPA, pilsner, and their award-winning Berliner Weisse, Athena. Catch glimpse of Creature Comforts beer in the new Avengers Endgame movie, which was filmed in Georgia.
- Southern Brewing Company opened in the spring of 2015 and jumped right in with tasty beer plus fun games. Come take a tour of this brewery for free and get a taste of their Hobnail IPA beer plus so many others.
- Akademia Brewing Company Brew Pub opened its doors in October of 2017. If you are a night owl and appetite visit this full-service restaurant and brewery. This brewery is not just offering beer to its visitors, but also delicious, tasting food paired with their beer such as beer-batter fish and beer-braised pork chops.
- Normaltown Brewing opened in February of 2020 and is already gaining buzz around town and in the area for a fresh take on small batch IPAs.
Athentic Brewing Company plans a "cozy industrial" vibe for visitors as well as indoor and outdoor seating. An impressive beer wall provices12 self serve taps. Check back for updates.