Boulder, Colo., March 21, 2017 – eTown, the popular radio variety show broadcast weekly across the country and worldwide, travels to Athens, Georgia for a special road show…
Press Trip Interest Form
Thank you for your interest in Athens, Georgia. The Athens Convention and Visitors Bureau is pleased to assist journalists who are researching and developing Athens features for articles, books, broadcasts and other multi-media outlets.
We receive a considerable number of requests from journalists seeking media privileges. A limited number of press visits are available and are generally arranged on a case-by-case basis for journalists on assignment. To most effectively meet your editorial, photographic and/or broadcast needs, we ask your cooperation in following these guidelines when requesting a press visit:
- Please complete the media trip request form below.
- We request a minimum of three business weeks notice for a press visit once we have received all your credentialing information. This allows us to pursue suitable, available lodging and make other arrangements to enhance your visit.
- Mandatory for assistance: Submit a letter of assignment on letterhead from the media outlet you are representing. These credentials help us qualify if Athens is a perfect travel destination for your publication. If demographics, circulation and other factors match our criteria we will be glad to help you secure a discounted media rate at an area hotel. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Freelance journalists should forward recent examples of travel or travel-related feature coverage.
- Immediately notify the Athens CVB of a change in plans.
- To remain on our preferred media list, please forward an original copy or link to your print or online published feature, as well as publication/air dates, as soon as possible after the feature is scheduled to appear.
Please note that discounted or complimentary arrangements are provided at the discretion of the host businesses and are subject to availability. Black-out periods may be experienced throughout the year that may affect the possibility of press rates at hotels. In particular, we cannot offer assistance with discounted accommodations during University of Georgia home football games, graduation weekends, or high occupancy conventions. The Athens CVB is not able to provide airfare for your trip nor pay for ground transportation or meals when not accompanied by a CVB staff member.
Please understand that our primary concern is assisting members of the working media. Host locations are not always able to accommodate spouses, children and visitors accompanying working journalists. CVB policy prohibits the hosting of journalists if the primary purpose of the trip is leisure or holiday travel for that individual with family and/or friends.
Again, thank you for your interest in Athens! We look forward to assisting you with your research.