Things to Do with Kids in Athens, GA
Athens, Georgia, is a fun and educational destination for kids of all ages. We invite you to explore these family attractions and activities in Athens!
Athens' newest family attraction is the Alice H. Richards Children’s Garden at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia, opened in spring 2019. More than a garden space, the Children's Garden is an interactive, outdoor classroom where visitors can experience natural Georgia environments with their own hands. The new 2.5-acre garden contains plenty of fun, hands-on activities, including a chestnut tree house, fossil wall, giant water-misting mushrooms, vegetable garden, a replica of a North Georgia cave, and more — all designed to be learned from, crawled through and touched.
More things to do in Athens with children and families:
- Check out the hands-on nature exhibits at Sandy Creek Nature Center.
- Attend a special family day event or ask about kid-friendly art activities at the Georgia Museum of Art and Lyndon House Arts Center.
- Play on the expansive playground, then circle around the pond to the shaded wildlife trail at Memorial Park and Bear Hollow Zoo.
- Older kids will enjoy the ramps and bowls at Athens Skate Park or indoor action at Active Climbing or Rush Trampoline.
- Hope you are raising future Bulldog students? Sign up for a UGA Campus Tour, or take your own walk through historic north campus and past the hallowed grounds of Sanford Stadium. Pick up some red and black UGA gear at the UGA Bookstore.
Search our Events Calendar for Family-Friendly Athens Events!