Washington, D.C. (May 18, 2018) – Destinations International Foundation Chair Stephanie Pace Brown and President and CEO of Explore Asheville and Destinations International President and CEO Don Welsh today announced the 2018 30 Under 30 class, which will convene for the first time at the association’s 2018 Annual Convention in Anaheim, CA July 10-13.
The 30 individuals, 30 years of age and under, will have the opportunity to engage in professional development opportunities throughout 2018 and beyond. The honorees originate from a variety of destination organizations of all sizes, including Brand USA, Visit Panama City Beach, Tourisme Montréal and Choose Chicago.
“The 30 Under 30 program recognizes the up and coming talent of destination organizations nationwide,” said Brown. “The Foundation created this initiative to develop the future leaders of our industry and is proud to have supported the 210 professionals who have participated in the program the past seven years.”
“We are thrilled to welcome this year’s 2018 30 Under 30 class to our Annual Convention in Anaheim,” said Welsh. “Attendance to the convention will be the first of many educational and professional development opportunities offered through the program.”
Program benefits include:
- Complimentary registration and three nights’ accommodations during Destinations International's 2018 Annual Convention in Anaheim, California
- Complimentary registration for Fundamentals in Destination Marketing, the first course of Destinations International's PDM program
- Year-round professional development focus, including regular interactive webinars and an online community to share ideas
- Opportunity to apply to attend the Association of Australian Convention Bureaux's Annual Conference
“Each year our convention attendees are inspired by the astute, creative minds in the 30 Under 30 program,” said Tammy Blount-Canavan, Destinations International Chair and President and CEO of the Monterey County Convention and Visitors Bureau. “The program provides the best and the brightest additional insights, opportunities and tools for success in destination marketing and management. These young leaders give us a glimpse into a very bright future for our industry.”
This year’s class includes:
- Liana Acevedo, Richmond Region Tourism
- Sarah Alexander, Galveston Island Convention & Visitors Bureau
- George Bansah, Brand USA
- Amber Burns, Visit Philadelphia
- Jeremiah Cook, Athens Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Colleen Costello, Newport Beach & Company
- Nick Cusick, Visit Saint Paul
- Barry Draper, DuPage Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Carleigh Dworetzky, Destination DC
- Jonathan Eckelberg, Travel Wisconsin
- Alexa Gallagher, Choose Chicago
- Nancy Gordy, Edmonton Tourism
- Calista Klein, Travel Tacoma + Pierce County
- Ali Lechlitner, Visit South Bend Mishawaka
- Sarah Justine Leduc-Villeneuve, Tourisme Montréal
- Ruida Lu, Tourism Toronto
- Fidel Mitchell, CMP, Arlington Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Randi Morritt, Visit Aurora
- Ashley Patton, Visit KC
- Kristen Pepper, Huntsville/Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Brianna Prasloski, Tourism Vancouver
- Brendan Pringle, Visit SLO CAL
- Elizabeth Robinson, Cincinnati USA Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Chris Robinson, Visit Salt Lake
- Robert Row, Monterey County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Michaelean Stewart, Visit Panama City Beach
- Cameron Teske, Greater Green Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Tamara Thorhallsson, Visit Seattle
- Krystle Whitlock, Greater Newark Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Christine Zetzl, Visit Indy
The 30 Under 30 program is supported by founding program partner, SearchWide and sponsored by IMEX and Northstar.
“In its eighth year, SearchWide is still thrilled to sponsor such an incredible program,” said Mike Gamble, President and CEO of SearchWide. "We’re looking forward to connecting with the 2018 recipients at Destinations International’s Annual Convention as well as offering our mentorship to these rising stars as they continue their career paths.”
For more information about the 30 Under 30 program or Destinations International, visit www.destinationsinternational.org.
About Destinations International:
Destinations International (formerly Destination Marketing Association International) is the world’s largest resource for official destination organizations, convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs) and tourism boards. Destinations International is about serving destination marketing professionals first and foremost. Together with more than 5,000 members and partners from nearly 600 destinations in approximately 15 countries, Destinations International represents a powerful forward-thinking, collaborative association; exchanging bold ideas, connecting innovative people and elevating tourism to its highest potential. For more information, visit www.destinationsinternational.org.
About the Destinations International Foundation:
The Destinations International Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering destination marketers globally by providing education, research, advocacy and leadership development. The Foundation is classified as a charitable organization, under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code and all donations to the Foundation are tax deductible. For more information visit www.destinationsinternational.org.