"Meet Athens," the Athens Convention & Visitors Bureau's newsletter for meeting planners. New hotels and CVB sales staff updates, expert audiovisual tips, and Athens' Own profile of chef Peter Dale.
September 2016 headlines:
- Athens, Georgia, is set to add 192 hotel rooms connected to The Classic Center, the downtown's convention and performing arts space, with the opening of a Hyatt Place in spring 2017.
- Missy Brandt Wilson has been promoted to director of sales and will lead the sales team and all strategic efforts to reach targeted markets; Jay Boling joins the team as the new junior sales manager.
- The Georgia Museum of Art recently revamped its permanent collection galleries to be more accessible to the public.
- Flawless Audiovisual: Audiovisual can make, or break, an event. All event planners have felt their heart stop when technology is not cooperating.
- Athens is one of the top culinary hot spots in the South, adding extra flavor and appeal to your Athens event to draw attendees. Chef Peter Dale is one of the biggest draws.