The Wild Rumpus is a large-scale crowd-participation Halloween holiday, music and arts celebration in downtown Athens, GA. It is one of the Southeast’s premier Halloween celebrations and one of Athens’ most-loved festivals. 2021 is the Wild Rumpus' 13th year. The Wild Rumpus is FREE to attend, and All Are Invited. The public is invited to dress in Halloween costume and march through the streets of “The Classic City."
ABOUT THE WILD RUMPUS PARADE & SPECTACLE
Crowds swell to near 10,000+ and the dazzling display of hand-crafted, wildly imaginative costuming is out of this world, and a highly unique experience. Wild Rumpus XIII celebrates the astrological sign Aries, the first year in a new 12-year cycle. 2021 event art by David Hale and Timi Conley 2021 marks the event’s return to the streets after a virtual year due to Covid, and it looks to be even bigger and more fabulous than ever. The Wild Rumpus is 1000% pro-diversity and an official 501c3 org.
Saturday, Oct. 30 “Calling all Freaks, Beasts and Creatures of the Night!!!!
- 5 - 8 pm The RUMPUS RALLY - location: *Creature Comforts Brewing Co.
Music by MONSOON, LUXURY VEHICLE, and BICHOS VIVOS on the Rabbit Hole Stage.
- 8pm The WILD RUMPUS PARADE & SPECTACLE - The Wild Rumpus Parade will start on West Hancock Ave. in downtown Athens adjacent to Creature Comforts Brewing Co. The parade winds through downtown Athens, with parade artists, SHVKTi, El ChupaSKAbra, Kxng Blanco + Caulfield ft. DJ KOUNTRY BOY, Fishbug, Dialectic Flowers, FATHER WEREWOLf, OHMU, Spectre of Surf, DK and White Rabbit Collective providing music and entertainment along the route (supported by Rotary Club of the Classic City of Athens), ending on W. Washington St. at Pulaski St. for a massive DJ dance party in the street* featuring THe Booty Boyz and DJ ChiefRocka, with sound and lights, aerialists on trapeze, and more. The dance Party goes until 11 PM.
- 5 PM - 1 AM *OPEN CONTAINER FESTIVAL ZONE - Open containers of beer or wine will be allowed inside the barricaded "Festival Zone" which spans four street blocks of downtown, from Creature Comforts on Hancock to Hull St, Hull St. between Hancock and Clayton St., and Washington St. from Hull to Pulaski where the dance party happens. Wristbands are necessary for outdoor drinking and may be purchased at Creature Comforts, Paloma Park, Ted’s Most Best, Rook & Pawn, and Trappeze Pub inside the festival zone. (21+ only. Drinking alcohol in the street or outdoors while outside the festival zone is illegal.)
COVID 19 Event Safety
100% OUTDOOR FESTIVITIES
PLEASE WEAR COVID MASK with YOUR COSTUME!
BE VACCINATED = BEST
PFIZER BOOSTER POP-UP on SITE
Follow Wild Rumpus Website: www.wildrumpus.org Facebook: www.facebook.com/wildrumpusparade / @wildrumpusparade Instagram: www.instagram.com/wildrumpusathens / #wildrumpusathens
Wild Rumpus Supports Chess & Community 2021 Wild Rumpus supports the good works of Athens nonprofit, Chess & Community. Mission: Chess and Community Inc is a nonprofit organization dedicated to preparing youth to lead through community engagement and civic empowerment. Our work uses chess as a learning modality to help youth manage impulsiveness and develop critical thinking skills. We prepare youth to lead by focusing on academic enrichment, civic engagement, career and entrepreneurial skills development, and cultural education. Chess and Community develops youth to transform community., Learn about their organization here: www.chessandcommunity.org/
WILD RUMPUS SPONSORS:
- Rumpus Royalty: Creature Comforts Beer Company, Kaptiv8
- Diamond Level: Downtown Athens, James E. and Betty J. Huffer Foundation, Widespread Panic
- Platinum Level: Paloma Park, Rotary Club of the Classic City of Athens, Barberitos, RubySue Graphics, Rabbit Hole Studios, Live Wire Athens
- Gold Level: Hyatt Place, The Hanmer Family, Cutters Pub, DePalma’s Italian Café, Sister Louisa’s Church, Baxendale Guitar Silver Level: MTI Baths, Old Guard Graphics, Ted’s Most Best, Trappeze Pub, Rook & Pawn, ACC Solid Waste Department, Aubrey Entertainment