Looking for a special treat for Dad this weekend? Or maybe you feel like going out and treating yourself? Here's a preview of everything happening in Athens!
- Check out singer-songwriter Aslyn as she takes the stage at The Melting Point. The show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $8 in advance & $10 at the door.
- If your Dad loves the college scene, take him to check out Perpetual Groove at the Georgia Theatre. The band plays another 2-day stint, sure to be packed with enthusiastic fans. 9 p.m. both nights. $20 gets you a 2-day pass, or $12 for a single show.
- Ready to try a new fitness craze? Try Laugh-a-Yoga! Helps produce changes in mood, confidence and health. 5:30 p.m. at the Mind Body Institute.
- Athens Heritage Walk: Gospel Pilgrim Cemetery. This tour is the first in a series of guided tours celebrating Athens' designation as one of the National Trust's 2009 Dozen Distinctive Destinations. Each tour is guided by a distinctive Athens personality whose knowledge brings a unique and colorful perspective to our local history. The tour begins at 10 a.m.
- Check out "The Lost Son" Saturday at Morton Theatre. 3 & 7 p.m. This riveting play promises to change your life and strengthen your belief in family, fatherhood, and faith. Featuring Gary Jenkins and Gary Glenn of the group Silk. Tickets are $25 for general admission, $20 for children & students, & $15 for seniors. Special discount on men's tickets in honor of Father's Day ($20).
- If your Dad is an art fan, come out for Athica Emerges III: Journeys. This exhibit will feature exciting new work by three young local artists, with new media, photo-based works and conceptual practices predominating. Opening weekend events include a public reception Saturday from 7 - 9 p.m. and performance art event on Saturday and Sunday.