- Georgia Bulldawg volleyball is back! This weekend the Dawg's play host to the Volleyball Invitational at the Ramsey Student Center. Play begins at 4:30 on Friday afternoon with a Lady Dawgs' match versus the Duke University Blue Devils. Admission is free.
- Also in athletics, the #18-ranked women's soccer team will host the Nike Invitational September 4th-6th. The action starts at 7p.m. when UGA takes on Florida Atlantic. Clemson and Northeastern are also participating in the event. All games take place at the soccer stadium on Milledge Avenue, admission is free.
- For live music, the Georgia Theater is hosting Pretty lights and the Emancipator at Athens Arena at 9 p.m. this Friday. Tickets are $20.
- Georgia football season opener vs. Oklahoma State! The Dawgs take on the Cowboys at 3:30 on ABC. Watch the game with friends or at one of Athens' many fine establishments.
- For those non-football fans among us, Active Climbing (Athens' first indoor rock climbing facility) is hosting the First American Bouldering series. Adult registration begins at 5 p.m. at a cost of $20/ climber. A $100 cash prize is at stake.
- Athens Heritage Walk Series tours the Winterville Historic District. The tour begins at 2 p.m. and is $12 for Athens Heritage Foundation members and $15 for non-members.
- The Nike Soccer Invitational continues with UGA vs. Northeastern at 1:30pm.
Have an enjoyable and safe Labor Day weekend, however you choose to spend it! For even more weekend activities, visit the Athens' CVB website's event calendar.