Friday, April 2:
- A parade of dog breeds, farrier and horseback riding demonstrations, hospital tours and exhibits- these are just some of the activities available to the young and old alike at the UGA College of Veterinary Medicine Open House! Guided tours of the College and Teaching Hospital facilities will be available throughout the day, and interesting exhibits will focus on topics such as animal behavior, equine reproduction and herd health.
Saturday, April 3:
- Great exercise, great fun and a great cause! Join the Athens' Habitat for Humanity and the Athens' Homeless Shelter for the 17th Annual Run/Walk for Home 5K! The race will start at the Classic Center in downtown Athens, run through the downtown area, the North Oconee Greenway and finish behind the Classic Center on Foundry Street. The race will start at 8:00 a.m., rain or shine, and is an event for walkers and runners alike. Proceeds benefits Athens Area Habitat for Humanity and the Athens Area Homeless Shelter.
- The Athens Symphony will present its FREE Spring Concert this Saturday at 8 p.m. at the Classic Center! The Symphony will perform movements from famous fifth symphonies and will feature a former UGA professor and a Monroe band teacher as soloists.
Sunday, April 4: Happy Easter!
- You're invited to celebrate Easter at The Georgia Center, with Easter Lunch served in the Magnolia Ballroom. Reservations required. Entree selections include leg of lamb, honey-glazed ham, sirloin of beef, chicken Key Largo and pecan crusted tilapia. Call 706.542.6341 to reserve today! Only $19.95 for adults, $6.95 for children and children under 6 are free!
- Happy 30th birthday, R.E.M.! April 5, 1980 marked the very first time Bill, Peter, Mike and Michael took the stage together in Athens, GA. It has been 30 years since R.E.M. made its debut, and the Classic City is ready to celebrate with a weekend full of very special events! Take a music heritage tour with scenster Paul Butchart, celebrate at a very special party at The Melting Point, view a 90-minute retropective at Cine and listen to WUOG 90.5 fm for 5 STRAIGHT HOURS of R.E.M. music!
- Now is your chance to see Athens on the big screen! Produced by Athens native Ashley Epting, Not Since You is the story of a group of once tight-knit college friends coming back together for a wedding. This movie was filmed and set in Athens! One screening per day brought to you by Epting Events and Harry's Pig Shop. Monday through Thursday, each night will have a charity designation for which patrons can elect for one dollar from each ticket to go to the designated charity of the day.
- UGA Sports: UGA Tennis has two home matches this weekend and Top Ten-Ranked UGA Softball takes on Arkansas.
DON'T FORGET! Spring means festivals, and Athens has over 10 annual events/festivals just this month! We are offering 18 web coupons and 5 great getaway packages to make your planning easier! We also have a calendar of events with a list of all music, festivals, etc. Click here to see what we have to offer.