Friday, April 9:
- It's time to Celebrate the Arts! The Athens Area Arts Council presents the biggest fundraising event of the year, where material-world art meets the runway to support the artist-designed bus shelters. The celebration will be held at Hotel Indigo and will include a runway of wearable art featuring exotic creations from local and emerging artists. The event is free and open to the public, but VIP runway seats are on sale for $40.
Saturday, April 10:
- Georgia Football is back in action! Come get a preview of the great things that lay ahead for the 2010 Bulldogs at the G-day Spring Football Game! The game annually features the Bulldog team split into the Red and Black squads. Tickets can be ordered at 12:30 p.m. on the day of the game at Sanford Stadium Gates 2, 4, 6 and the Main Gate located below the Sanford Drive Bridge. Kick-off benefits Hope Haven and starts at 2 p.m.
- The 12th Annual International Street Festival, presented by UGA's International Student Organizations, will feature colorful cultural displays from around the world, traditional costumes, dances and international bands. Collect "Passport" Stamps, watch musical and dance performances, and participate in hands-on activities with your children. Door prizes and giveaways will be available from local businesses.
- Enjoy a cold one after the 2nd Annual Terrapin Beer 5K Plus One More Mile. The race begins at 3:30 p.m. and will end at the brewery with a tour. Only $25 to compete!
Sunday, April 11:
- The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra heads to Athens! The UGA Performing Arts Center presents this program which features two of Tchaikovsky's great masterpieces. Russian guest conductor Vasily Petrenko, pianist Barry Douglas, and the ASO will bring excitement to these melodic treats.
- Calling all aficionados and novice wine lover alike! Athens Wine Weekend will be a treat for the senses featuring seminars with wine experts including Master Sommelier Brett Zimmerman, a Grand Tasting showcasing wines from around the world, and a gourmet seven-course meal with multiple wine pairings. The event benefits The Classic Center Cultural Foundation.
- This weekend presents the newest addition to the Bike MS cycling series in Georgia! Bike MS: Deloitte. Atlanta to Athens Ride is a two-day, fully-supported bicycle ride that will raise money to fight multiple sclerosis and help the Georgia Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Fashion, music, arts and fun - what else do you need for the perfect weekend in Athens? Don't miss blvd. Magazine's three-day fashion extravaganza, A Weekend Fashion Affair, showcasing local art and fashion with runway shows, music events and dance parties!