There is so much to do this weekend in Athens! Whether you want to get outdoors and enjoy the weather, or spend time inside learning more about food, yourself, and other cultures, Athens, GA has it all!
1. 18th Annual A Taste of Athens 2011
- Spend your Sunday evening sampling the best food and drinks that Athens restaurants have to offer! There will be over 50 restaurants offering food samples, a wine and beer tasting, and a silent auction. The best way to attend this amazing night guilt-free is to take part in the Taste of Athens 10K
on Saturday! All proceeds from these events benefit the Community Connection of Northeast Georgia, who for more than 25 years has encouraged our community to GET, GIVE, and GROW HELP!
2. Total You Northeast Georgia Women's Expo
- Saturday is the ultimate spa party at the Classic Center! It's time to finally be the better you that you've been planning for! Come check out healthy food, facial massages, waxings, exercise, scrapbooking, and self-defense workshops.
New this year is a special Little Princess area that includes face painting, nail painting, and a chance to meet Disney princesses! Stop by Saturday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. and pamper yourself!
3. The 3rd Annual Jewish Film Festival
- This festival opens Saturday at Ciné with a reception, dinner (Sold Out), and screening of The Infidel
to get you ready for the rest of the cultural festival! Throughout the 5 day festival, there will be 10 feature film screenings plus other short films and children's classics. This year's theme is "Bridging Cultures through Film Screening and Discussion." No excuses because parking is free! For the festival schedule and other important information check out: http://www.athensjff.org/
That's not all that's going on in Athens this weekend! Are you among the select few who will see the B-52's back home in concert?
There is so much more to do so check out our event calendar
and fall in love with this great city!