This is a great weekend to be out and about in Athens, GA. There's live music all around town, the Classic City Rollergirls start their new season in their new downtown arena at The Classic Center, there's more sports action from the Georgia Bulldogs, and brides-to-be and engaged couples won't want to miss the Georgia Bridal Show at the ClassicCenter.
Classic City Rollergirls' Green vs. Black Bout
Saturday 7:00 pm
It's the season opener for the Classic City Rollergirls and their first match at
their new home, The Classic Center. Come out and watch your favorite rollergirls
and meet the up and comers in the annual Green vs. Black bout. Roller Derby is great fun for the whole family, so don't miss the new season, right in downtown Athens!
Downtown Athens is alive with music this weekend!
- The Black Lips and Daft Phunk play at the Georgia Theatre
- Ken Will Morton hosts his CD Release Show at Hendershot's Coffee Bar,
- and, there's even more music at
- the 40 Watt Club and
- The Melting Point!
Georgia Bridal Show
Sunday 12:30 - 5 p.m.
Brides are able to meet face to face with wedding professionals and find everything
needed to create a dream wedding. Wedding vendors, a fashion show, and more await
brides and grooms at Athens' largest bridal event!
The Classic Center
UGA Sports Action!
Gymnastics Friday 7:30 p.m.; Basketball Saturday 1:30 p.m.
The Georgia Gym Dogs take on LSU on Friday. McDonald's Kids Zone will include facepainting,a balloon artist, and more! Plus, UGA Men's Basketball takes on Arkansas on Saturday for Middle and High School Day. Free t-shirts and audience games during half-time!
- Exhibit Hall Open House Bear Hollow Wildlife Trail, Saturday 1-4 p.m.
- Terrapin's Wake-n-Bake Off Weekend, Saturday-Sunday, Aromas Wine and Craft Beer Bar
- Journey Through the Stars: Family Planetarium Program, Saturday, 3 - 4 p.m, Sandy Creek Nature Center