Featured Event (Friday, Jan. 29 and Saturday, Jan. 30):
- I am always looking for new ways to save energy and learn more about recycling, and the Green Life Expo is the perfect opportunity for this! Join us at the Classic Center on Friday and Saturday to discover ways you can reduce your carbon footprint, save money, and make small changes that will have a big impact. Bring hard-to-recycle items including home electronics, CDs, DVDs, computer games, alkaline and rechargeable batteries and fluorescent light bulbs. It's two days of information and fun that you don't want to miss!
Saturday, Jan. 30: As always, there are plenty of opportunities to hear musical performances around Athens!
- Nothing is more relaxing and entertaining than watching a musical performance- especially one where musicians perform from the center of the room, level with the audience encircling them! Head to the Rialto Room at Hotel Indigo this Saturday at 9 p.m. for live performances "in the round" by Richard Leigh, Rob Crosby, and James Dean Hicks. $15 per ticket and only $99+tax for a hotel stay/show package!
- UGA Performing Arts Center presents a renowned musical matrimony and an evening of unforgettable Celtic music this Saturday. Known for her flamboyant skill and trademark step dancing, Natalie MacMaster mixes her shows with Celtic, Scottish, Irish, and American bluegrass music. MacMaster's "other half," husband Donnell Leahy, is widely acclaimed for his agility on the fiddle. It is guaranteed to be a fun show for all!
Sunday, Jan. 31: Athens is offering not one, but TWO bridal shows this Sunday. It's a bride's dream-come-true!
- The Classic Center hosts the Georgia Bridal Show which features 50 exhibitors from North Georgia. You can meet face-to-face with wedding professionals and find everything you have been looking for to create the wedding of your dreams including cakes, food, gowns, tuxedos, music and flowers! Doors open at 12:30 p.m. with a fashion show at 3:30 p.m.
- Athens Wedding Professionals presents the Ultimate Bridal Show at the Georgia Center from 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. with more than 40 local and Northeast Georgia wedding professionals participating. It is a one-stop shopping event with all of the wedding services you will need!