1. Georgia Bulldogs vs. Tennessee Volunteers
The Bulldogs are 4-0 and ranked #5 coming into Saturday's sold-out game!! We shouldn't have to tell you how thrilling this game will be. There's nothing better than a day with 93,000 friends in Sanford Stadium! Kick-off is at 3:30 p.m. and don't forget our Football Weekends page for all you need to know about getting around Athens while in town for a game! Go Dawgs!
2. Athens Corn Maze
There's no better way to feel fall in the air than a trip to a farm filled with fun harvest activities! At the Athens Corn Maze, guests can take a ride on the Hey Hey Heyride, feed farm animals, and children can take a pony ride! Unique to the Athens Corn Maze is the "Corn Box". It's similar to a sand box, but filled with fresh, clean corn for your children's enjoyment! Don't forget about the Corn Maze, either! The farm is open Thursday- Sunday through November 3rd. Tickets are $10 each.
3. Concerts at the Georgia Theatre
The Georgia Theatre books some of the greatest musical acts in the county and can help catapult up and coming acts into success. It's a special place and luckily, it's in Athens! On Friday, the Dirty Guv'nahs perform at 8 p.m. for a show with a sound described as "rock meets Americana". Tickets are $10. Saturday, Yacht Rock Revue plays a post-game show with their fun and energetic 70s tunes. The group has been featured in publications like the NYT & others, so come see what they're all about! Tickets are $12.
More great events in Athens, GA...
- Athens Heritage Walks: Southern Piedmont Farming Tour, Sunday @ 2
- 2012 Yuengling Gridiron Music Series, Fri. @ 8:30 p.m., Sat. @ 7:45 p.m.
- Classic City Roller Girls vs. Scenic City Rollergirls, Sat. @ 6 p.m.
- Athens Farmers Market, Sat. 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Children's Show with Laughing Pizza, Sun. @ 1:30 p.m.
- Put A Ring On It Bridal Show, Sun. @ 12 p.m.