Downtown Athens Parking System
- 287 College Avenue, Athens, GA 30601
- (706) 613-7978
Downtown Athens Parking System manages the on-street and off-street parking services in beautiful Downtown Athens, Georgia.
Metered Street Parking
- Metered parking is monitored and enforced Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Rates are $1.75 per hour, meters are monitored from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Metered spaces allow a maximum of two hours between 8:00 a.m. – 6:oo p.m.
- After 6:00 p.m., you may purchase additional time.
Downtown Athens Parking Decks
- Try parking in the decks! The first thirty minutes are free in both the College Avenue and Washington Street decks, after which it's just $1.00/hour.
Football Parking in Downtown Athens
- Georgia Bulldogs football gameday parking is also available.
- UGA football season parking passes for 2023 are $280.
- Passes for individual games can be purchased at the deck on gameday for $40.
When is it free to park in Downtown Athens?
- Parking in downtown Athens is free on Sundays.
- Downtown parking is also free on the following holidays: Labor Day, July 4, MLK Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, New Year’s Day, and Christmas.
Map of Public Parking Lots in Downtown Athens Georgia:
Downtown Athens Parking Rates (current as of September 2023)
- Hourly Rate $1.75
- Hours of Operation 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Two-Hour Maximum 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Four-Hour Maximum 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Construction Permits $10.00 per day
Off-Street Surface Lots
- Lot 2 $45
- Lot 2 (for downtown workers) $35
- Lot 3 $45
- Lot 3 (for downtown workers) $35
College Avenue and Washington Street Parking Decks
- Hourly Rate $1.00
- Maximum Daily Fee $15