UGA Golf Course
- 2600 Riverbend Rd., Athens, GA 30605
- 706-369-5739 | Toll Free: 800-9-DOG-TEE
Athens' only in-town public golf course. Designed by world-renowned architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr., the course underwent a major renovation in 2006 by Love Golf Design, headed by PGA TOUR professional Davis Love III. Based on player reviews submitted to Golf Advisor, the UGA Golf Course was named among the best courses of 2018 to play in the United States.
Golfweek named the UGA Golf Course the #5 Best Public Course in Georgia in 2021.
GOLF COURSE FEATURES AND SERVICES:
- Staffed by PGA Professionals
- Full-service golf shop
- Online golf shop
- USGA Handicap service available
- Snack bar and patio areas
- Full-size driving range
- Modern short game practice area
- Private and group lessons by appointment
- Golf club fitting and repair service
- Golf cars, pull carts and rental clubs
SPECIALS: The UGA golf Course is affordable any time, but also has the following specials for extra discounts
- 9-hole, Weekday (Monday - Thursday)
- Ladies' Day: On Mondays ladies can play for University rates
- University Parents: parents playing with UGA Student children pay the University Daily Fee Rate
- Twilight: after 3 p.m. during Eastern Daylight Savings Time, after 2 p.m. during Eastern Standard Time
- Family Golf Rate: after 1 p.m. daily
- Georgia Pass: prepaid green fees
- Membership fees also available
The 7,240-yard course has played host to a PGA TOUR Qualifying School stage, the women's NCAA Golf Championships, the men's Southeastern Conference Golf Championships, and annually hosts one of the longest-running competitions in women's intercollegiate golf, the Liz Murphey Collegiate Golf Classic.
Read a course review by local columnist Joe VanHoose.
IN THE NEWS:
- #5 Best Public Course in Georgia, Golfweek , April 2021
- Best of 2018: Top 50 Golf Courses in the U.S., Golf Advisor
- Top 10 public courses in Georgia, Golfweek (2009)
- 25 best university courses in the nation, Links Magazine (2009)