University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel
- 1197 S. Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30602
- (706) 542-2134 | Toll Free: 800-884-1381
On campus, in the heart of Athens — 200 hotel rooms and suites in an ideal location. The university’s official hotel offers accommodations and on-site restaurants as well as meeting facilities and services to all Athens and UGA visitors. Conveniently located on south campus, the hotel sits across the street from Stegeman Coliseum and less than one mile from downtown Athens. Looking to play the UGA Golf Course, explore the varied neighborhoods of Athens, meander through the State Botanical Garden, or visit the Georgia Museum of Art? The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel loves to share the best of Athens with you.
Free Wi-Fi and relaxing lounges make the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel the perfect location to call home, whether you are attending a meeting or spending a weekend in the Classic City. Every room is outfitted with a mini-refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, and the variety of guestroom sizes allows you to decide what works best for you this visit.
Part of the Center for Continuing Education, this professionally managed hotel and conference center is the favored location of both alumni and conference attendees.
With dining, meeting, and sleeping accommodations under one roof, located immediately adjacent to the university’s south parking deck, even the occasional bad-weather day can’t put a damper on your plans. The Parents' Club, an exclusive benefit for all UGA parents and guardians, provides discounted meals and rewards for frequent stays.
Meeting and Event Planners
University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel is a technologically advanced property providing facilities and services for meetings of 2 to 600 — now with virtual, hybrid and in-person meeting capabilities. This purpose-built hotel and conference center is staffed by professionals focused on the success of your event. In addition to offering complete event coordination services including working with registration, vendors, exhibitors, and speakers, the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel also can provide assistance with program development. Meeting rooms are furnished with ergonomic chairs, linen-less conference tables, and lighting with meetings in mind. When it is time to plan your group’s meals, allow the in-house catering staff to guide you toward a menu that will meet both your nutritional and budgetary goals.
The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel is proud that so many clients return year after year.
- 200 hotel rooms including 11 suites
- Free wireless internet throughout the property
- On-site dining options
- Atlanta airport shuttle (fees apply)
- Concierge services and business center
- 38,000 sq. ft. of meeting/banquet/exhibit space including 16,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space
- Virtual, hybrid and in-person meeting capabilities
- Ballroom and private banquet areas for up to 600 guests
- Special rates for UGA-affiliated groups
- # Rooms, Suites: 11
- # Rooms, Total: 195
- #Rooms, DD: 19
- #Rooms, QQ: 26
- Complimentary Newspaper:
- Fitness Center:
- Free Local Telephone Calls:
- Handicapped Accessible Rooms:
- High-speed Internet Access:
- Max. Room Block: 150
- Miles from Classic Center: 2
Additional Property Information
Credit Cards Accepted:
- American Express
- Dining Style: Casual
- Call Ahead Seating:
- Catering Services:
- Full Bar:
- Handicap Accessible:
- Private/Group Dining:
- Reservations Accepted:
- To Go:
- Parking Available:
- Exhibits Space
- Description 38,000 square feet of function space including 16,000 square feet of flexible exhibit space.
- Floorplan File Floorplan File
- Largest Room 600
- Total Sq. Ft. 38000
- Space Notes Total function space is 38,000 square feet including 16,000 square feet of flexible exhibit space.
- Theatre Capacity 600
- Banquet Capacity 450
- Number of Rooms 200
- Suites 11
- Classroom Capacity 280
- Theater Capacity: 600
- Classroom Capacity: 280
- Banquet Capacity: 320
- Classroom Capacity: 200
- Banquet Capacity: 450
- Reception Capacity: 600