- 200 Trail Creek Street, Athens, GA 30605
- (706) 613-3991
Walker Park, formerly Trail Creek Park, is home to one of Athens' new splash pads, extremely popular for children on a warm day! The park features more than five miles of professionally constructed mountain bicycle trails, with features suitable for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced. The 113-acre park is located off the Athens Perimeter at Peter Street. The open park, with plenty of green space, is accessible from the Athens Perimeter or from Trail Creek Street. Open 8 a.m. - sunset.
- Mountain Bike Trail
- Nature trails
- Outdoor Fitness Zone
- Picnic area
- Soccer Fields
- Splash Pad
WALKER PARK BIKE TRAILS:
Walker Park offers a network of over 4 miles of mountain bike designed, multi-use trails. The trails range in difficulty from beginner to advanced. Helmets are strongly recommended. All dogs must be leashed.
- The Green Loop (0.9 miles) is a beginner friendly introduction to mountain biking. It's short and easy but with enough dips and flow to make it a fun ride in either direction (clockwise preferred).
- The Orange Crush Loop (0.9 miles) is a beginner/ intermediate trail with bigger dips and and a four berm ravine. It is best ridden clockwise.
- Drive-By Truckers (2.4 miles) is a beginner/ intermediate trail with dips, berms, rollers, and rock features as well as a short optional downhill section.
- Panic (0.4 miles) is a beginner/ intermediate downhill-only trail with lots of tight berms, a couple optional jumps, and an optional rock drop.
OUTDOOR FITNESS ZONE:
Open during park hours, the Outdoor Fitness Zone includes equipment one would typically find in a gym including:
- Two person chest press
- Two person lat pull down
- Single rowing machine
- Seated leg extension
- Upright bike
- Single elliptical
- Three person static combo
The Outdoor Fitness Zone is free of charge and is located near the splash pad and covered picnic shelter.
2021 Season update:
- May 1 - May 23: Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- May 29 - August 1: 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Tuesday - Sunday, closed Monday
- August 7 - September 6: Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Splash pad admission is $1 per person, cash only. Pool passes are available for purchase and may be used at both splash pads and at all of the Department’s five public pools. Individual pool passes are $20 and Family of Four pool passes are $40. Passes may be purchased onsite with forms of payment accepted including cash and check.
Due to COVID-19, a series of requirements are in place to ensure a safe experience for all visitors:
• Walker Park Splash Pad capacity is limited to 75. Patrons will receive a colored wristband upon entry and will be utilized if pool capacity is met. If a line forms, staff will impose a time limit to ensure all residents have the opportunity to utilize aquatics facilities.
• Splash Pad patrons will see signage and visible markings leading up to the entrance of each pool to indicate six feet for social distancing purposes.
• Anyone displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 will be denied entry. Those symptoms include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
• Social distancing and wearing of masks are recommended. Masks will not be required while in the water.
• Water fountains are closed and patrons are encouraged to bring their own water in a non-glass container.
For more information, please call the ACC Leisure Services Aquatics Office at 706- 613-3589 or visit www.accgov.com/splashpad
- Fitness Center:
- Free Parking:
- Handicap Accessible:
- Kids Programs:
- Parking Available:
- Pet Friendly:
- Number of Adult Baseball Fields: 1
- Total Number of Baseball Fields: 1
- Field Lights:
- Number of Grass Fields: 2
- Total Number of Fields: 2
- Picnic Tables: