Creature Comforts Brewing Co.
- 271 W Hancock Ave.|
- Athens GA 30601
- (706) 410-1043
- Region: Downtown
Creature Comforts was one of the top 10 winners for Best New Brewery 2016 by USA Today. Two UGA Alumni returned to Athens and renovated the former Snow Tire building in downtown Athens into a go-to spot for fine craft beer. Bibo, Tropicalia, Reclaimed Rye and Athena are year round beers and are joined by many seasonal brews.
Tours are offered during operating hours, free of charge. Visitors may also purchase beer by the pint in the tasting room.
Pints start at $5, and Creature Comforts also offers flights and samplers for those wishing to try several of their draft options. Customers can buy a variety of Creature Comfort staples and limited releases and can take up to 288 ounces of canned or bottled beer home with them.
- Tuesday to Thursday 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
IN THE NEWS:
- Thor drinks Creature Comforts! How a local Athens craft beer ended up in Avengers: End Game.
- "'Avengers: End Game' gives Athens, Georgia craft beer some screen time," USA Today, May 8, 2019
- Thor and an IPA: How Craft Beer Caught Marvel’s Attention, CraftBeer.com, May 1, 2019
- How Creature Comforts Beer Scored That Starring Role in ‘Avengers: Endgame,' EldridgeATL.com, April 30,2019
- How Creature Comforts became Thor’s beer of choice in Avengers: Endgame, AtlantaMagazine.com, May 1, 2019
- "Best Brewery in Every State" [GA], Thrillist.com, Nov. 26, 2018
- "Best Pilsners," Paste Magazine, May 29, 2018
- Legend Has It, #4
- Bibo, #43
- 2nd Brewery Location on Tap at Southern Mill site: Jan. 17, 2018, Athens Banner-Herald
"Creature Comforts Brewing Co. is in the final stages of construction on a project that marries a century-old building with cutting-edge technology to create a brand-new brewery. . . . . With the new system only weeks away from producing its first run, [CEO and co-founder Chris] Herron said he is excited to see the two-year project finally come to fruition."
- Private/Group Dining:
- Handicap Accessible: