- Why He’s Amazing: Because his take on beautiful, Spanish-inspired Southern food is drawing crowds in a small college town.
- Background: Five and Ten (Athens, GA). Internship at La Broche (Madrid, Spain)
- Must-Try Dish: Chickpeas with crunchy okra, topped with yogurt and harissa
- Website: http://www.thenationalrestaurant.com/
- Former Career: A suit-and-tie job in politics on Capitol Hill. “I realized that I didn’t want that kind of life. I felt a need to do something creative, something with my hands.”
- Favorite Knife: Dale prefers the Japanese brand Masahiro, for their super-sharp blades.
- Review: http://clatl.com/atlanta/the-national-athenian-treasure/Content?oid=1274515
Vote for The National's Peter Dale for Food & Wine's People's Chef Award!
Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:30 PM by Athens: Life Unleashed