Things to do in Athens This Summer
Summer Music in Athens
Athens again sounds like Athens, with music back in the air most nights of the week!
- Southern Brewing Company is hosting a summer full of live concerts in their big backyard.
- AthFest is roaring back June 24-26. It's the very best time of the year to experience Athens' storied live music scene, and best of all, it's free!
- There's no more beautiful a setting for outdoor live music than the Flower Garden at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia, home to the Sunflower Music Series.
- Head on up to the Georgia Theatre Rooftop for free shows all summer long.
- Winterville gets in on the action with concerts on the lawn of the Front Porch Bookstore every Saturday.
- Hotel Indigo brings live music to its awesome patio every Thursday.
And that's just for starters! Check out our full Live Music Calendar.
More Things to do in Athens This Summer
More ATHventures are back in Athens, Georgia, this summer! Just a quick getaway from Atlanta, North Georgia, or the Carolinas, Athens offers
- a great way to cool down along the Athens Beer Trail,
- wide-open spaces with plenty of parks and trails,
- a vibrant art scene, including the state's official museum, the Georgia Museum of Art. You'll find free inspiration in the galleries that also offer a respite from the outdoor heat!
- the return of live music,
- self-guided tours,
- patio dining, and
- more summer events & happenings!
We're your source of places to go and things to do this summer in Athens, Georgia. Book your getaway today!