Ben Burton Park
- 615 Mitchell Bridge Rd, Athens, GA 30606
Ben Burton Park is a 32-acre wildlife preserve located off Mitchell Bridge Road that includes walking trails, picnic areas, non-motorized boat launch, and fishing. Dogs (on leash) are welcome.
- The park features a 1.4 mile pedestrian trail that traverses upland forest and the Middle Oconee riverside. Follow the orange blazes and enjoy the scenery throughout the park.
- Dogs are welcome but they must be on a leash of 6 feet or less and under your control at all times.
- There are 14 picnic tables and 2 charcoal grills spread across the 32-acres of open spaces. Fires are permitted in the provided grills.
- Non-motorized small watercraft are allowed on the Middle Oconee River at Ben Burton Park. The boat launch provides access to the Middle Oconee River. Motorized vehicles are PROHIBITED at all times on the river. All Georgia Boating Regulations must be observed on the river.
- Fishing is allowed along the Middle Oconee River at Ben Burton Park as long as individuals are using Georgia-legal equipment and have a Georgia Department of Natural Resources fishing license.
Ben Burton Park is operated by the Trails and Open Space Staff of the Leisure Services Department.
- Boat- non Motorized:
- Picnic Tables: