Things to do in Athens this Fall
Think fall is just for football in Athens, Georgia? Think again! As much as we love the Bulldogs and revel in those Saturdays between the hedges, there is so much more to do in Athens in the fall. Fall weather in Georgia is wonderful, making it the perfect time for outdoor adventures. And we can't forget fall festivals!
Top 10 things to do in Athens in the fall:
- Explore Athens hiking trails at Sandy Creek Park (header image) and other off-the-beaten path spots
- Take a nature walk with the family at Memorial Park's Birchmore Trail or the Sandy Creek Nature Center
- Take your road or mountain bike out for a spin
- Enjoy a delicious meal on the patio of a favorite Athens restaurant
- Get spooked at Zombie Farms haunted trail
- Celebrate Halloween with Wild Rumpus*, Georgia's largest outdoor costume party and spectacle
- Take a Haunted Athens Tour
- Immerse yourself in song and storytelling at the North Georgia Folk Festival*
- Run in the AthHalf*
- Relax at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia
*While some of these annual events may look a little different in 2020, they are still happening!
So, if this fall is the right time for you to venture out, we'll be ready. Athens has committed to Go Safely.